Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Arlo












On Thursday, Arlo Guthrie is at the Kennedy Center. According to the KC website, tickets are still available.

This is another reason why I'd make a great Friend. I can sell those tickets. Ticket sales is what sustains the Kennedy Center (also massive donations from Lord and Madame Anonymous, but who's counting?). I can put pleats in the seats, and here's how I'd do it . . .

  • Promising an appearance by Woody Guthrie, even if it was just Arlo in a wig.
  • "Here's the deal, Arlo. Everyone loves a good protest song. I, myself, will sometimes strip to my boxers and dance to When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again. However, pretty much everyone in the orchestra seats benefits from the Bush tax cuts. So, perhaps we could tone down the anti-war stuff just a bit. Do you know any Raffi?"
  • If he insists on playing Alice's Restaurant, have him start about 30 minutes before people arrive. That way they'll only have sit through the last 25 minutes.
  • Encouraging guests to come dressed as Arlo or Woody for "Guthrie look-alike night" We'd even bring our own look-alikes, such as . . .

Bruce Vilanch




This Guy I Found Online


Young Arlo Guthrie from the cover of his CD




Woody from Toy Story

No comments: