Friday, September 19, 2008

The Perks

From the Kennedy Center website, here are some of the perks of being a Friend. Perks are in bold. My commentary below each one.

  • Occasional ticket discounts and complementary ticket offers
Occasional sounds rather vague, no? I'm not a dictionary, but I'm pretty sure they're defining occasional as "Such events that we can't sell out but are being filmed for PBS, so we need seat-fillers."
  • 30% discount at the KC CafĂ©
Oh good. Now my garden salad will only cost $28.
  • 25% discount on all purchases in the Kennedy Center Gift Shops
Oh good. Now my autographed garden salad will only cost $28.
  • Use of the Kennedy Center employee canteen which offers a salad and sandwich bar, as well as reasonably-priced entrees
Canteen? What are we at summer camp? (Although that would explain why Marvin Hamlisch keeps asking if I want to see his paddle boat.)
  • $2.00 parking rate when volunteering or attending a performance at the Kennedy Center.
At the Open House, I learned the Kennedy Center is going green. They're all about recycling now. So, sure, they give you $2 off. But once you walk inside, you feel guilty for driving anything that gets less than 120 mpg. That's how they get ya.
You mean the newsletter than contains all the important information about how to perform my job? I get a copy of that? Thanks. Must be hard being so generous considering there's no way you'll ever be named a Saint. (You think the Pope would bless a place that sings tunes from Jesus Christ, Superstar?)

No comments: