Saturday, September 6, 2008

Reasons: Concessions

Friends of the Kennedy Center have many different roles (data entry, working in the store, giving tours, etc...). Occasionally I'll document the reasons why I'd be suitable for a particular role.

Reasons I would make a good Concessions worker:

  • "Ma'am, you just paid $100 for a ticket to see some jazz saxophonist you never heard of. I think you can shell out $20 for a collectible postcard. Fork it over."
  • "Hey, lil' kid, this isn't Maggie Moo's. No sampling the music. Buy it. Listen to it. Then return it. This is America. That's how it's done."
  • Auctioning off celebrity clothing is a profitable venture. When Cameron Diaz was at the Kennedy Center last year, the other Friends clearly didn't love the Kennedy Center enough to ask, but I would not have been afraid to take the shirt right off her back.

No comments: