Saturday, October 4, 2008

What's On Stage Today (Instead of Me)

Today, another day passes where the Kennedy Center is too busy to send me an acceptance or denial letter. I thought it'd be interesting to look at today's schedule and see what the Kennedy Center is doing instead. (My comments below each entry in italics)
A juried exhibition on the same day OJ gets his verdict. Classy, Kennedy Center.
Listen, I like a good mermaid as much as the next person. But I'm pretty sure I don't want to know what's "behind the scenes." It's either a woman in a fish costume or a woman with fish business. Either way, I'm turned off.
Come to DC so you can see the . . . New York Philharmonic?
I've got no gripe with Sands. But his Friends? Those guys are trouble.
Their catchphrase is that their they're the longest running show in history. Clocking in at 5 hours and 21 minutes, I wouldn't argue.

Behind every great Broadway performer is an overbearing mother and a drug-addicted teenage child. Now you can see them all in one place.
Listen, Betty, buy me a drink first before you try to take me out for the evening. Zing! But seriously. Leave me alone, freak.

1 comment:

lil ray of sunshine said...

so in regards to the Shear Madness post..."Theater Lab - 6:00 PM Their catchphrase is that their the longest running show in history." THEIR....oh dear....ms.h would be so upset with you. shame, shame.

sincerely, your youngest and dearest cousin.